Dallas City of Heroes|
[Most Recent Entries]
Below are the 20 most recent journal entries recorded in
[ << Previous 20 ]
[ << Previous 20 ]
|Wednesday, May 24th, 2006|
X3 Friday Night
PLACE: Cinemark 17
11819 Webb Chapel Road, Dallas, TX, 75234
Goal: Have fun and geek out!
Who: Team Maximum (Justice Server) and friends (thats you losers)
|Thursday, March 16th, 2006|
GET YER GEEK ON
Just a reminder that All-Con is this weekend and Cat Torpedo will be there debuting issue #1
of The Silver Spectre comic. We will also have a special limited edition mini poster for the first 350 people. We'll have sketches and sketch books and the ashcan as well. so come out and see us and get your geek on.
Silver Spectre - Ascan Edition: $1
Cat Torpedo Sketchpad - More Than the Impossible: $2
Silver Spectre #1
Sketches: Pencils $5 - Inked $10
Con starts at 9AM Friday and goes till 5PM Sunday
|Tuesday, January 3rd, 2006|
How's your COH playing?
What do you think of the latest update?
|Tuesday, December 13th, 2005|
SUNDAY! SUNDAY!! SUNDAY!!!
Sunday Dec. 18th.
That's THIS Sunday.
From 10 AM to 4 PM
Harvey Hotel - DFW Airport (NEAR the airport actually)
4545 West John Carpenter Freeway (Hwy 114 @ Ester)
Irving, TX 75063
Cat Torpedo Comics presents
The Silver Spectre - ashcan edition
Admission is $2
Ashcan costs $1
|Wednesday, July 27th, 2005|
A call to arms
On the Champion server i have created the Knightly Order of du Lac. A super group of modern heroes who use the old ways to fight modern crime. We are currently looking for some new blood to add to out ranks. What we are looking for are natural tanks and scrappers who use brawl, ax, mace, broadsword, katana, or martial arts as their primary. Secondary is really up to you, but it must somehow fit into your character. The other requirements are that you A)have a decent background history for your character and B) you must have the look of a natural hero and C)the character must be at least 5th level in order to join. Lastly you must meet with my character or one of my LT's for acceptance and approval. If anyone out there is interested just let me know and we will set up a time and place to meet(most likely under Atlas)
|Sunday, February 13th, 2005|
ok so i'm new. does anyone still play COH? and if so what server? when? what character name?
|Tuesday, July 13th, 2004|
Any of yoiu guys still out there?
|Monday, May 31st, 2004|
|Sunday, May 30th, 2004|
i just got coh on friday, i have a single character so far, lignite. she's a 7th level blaster w/ fire based skills. both group targeting and single targeting. anyways, just saying hi and too look for me online.
|Tuesday, May 11th, 2004|
First, I wanted to say greetings to the new people that have joined the community, or are watching it, since I last updated the info page.
Second, I wanted to mention to the Texas X-Rangers that given the cap on Super Group Members (75 characters), that we may have to institute an alt limit. Granted, I don't really intend to fill up the SG with all 75 players, but hey, we may become that damn cool. Who knows.
I'm thinking 3 characters per player, at the moment. Anyone else?
|Wednesday, May 5th, 2004|
Here's the two screens I took last night. At least, the best ones. Let me know which one we should put on the user info/website (when we get one up).( Read more...Collapse )
|Tuesday, May 4th, 2004|
Anyone up for doing a taskforce mission, after we take the screenshots?
Just a quick tip...
For those that have visited this community, and are interested in joining the Texas X-Rangers, but haven't found myself or a Captain to get invited, remember there is in-game email.
Send an email to Freez Nutz, Mustang Sally, Ludo, Rock and Roll, Jaelie, or Kling, and we'll get you in. Also, don't forget, you only have 6 days to enroll, and get promoted to Captain. After that, normal induction rules go into effect (See: The Code of Conduct).
|Monday, May 3rd, 2004|
Well, our Roster is shaping up nicely, for the Texas X-Rangers. I've been keeping an eye out for Yellow Rose and The Texant, but haven't seen you guys. I added your names to my friends list early on, so if it was before you actually created them, I'll have to re-add you, and apologize for my slacking. Also, bosyn
, are you playing yet? If so, who's your character?
I'd like as many of us as possible to be online tomorrow (May 4th), at 9:45pm CDT, and in Galaxy City. I'd like to get a group screenshot of us, to post to the community info page.
|Tuesday, April 27th, 2004|
Hey, folks, I had an idea. What do you guys think of having the Lone Star emblem signify rank? Such as, a solid white star for Lieutenant, black main white trim for Captain, and white main black trim for Senior Captain?
Or, would we rather keep it uniform?
|Monday, April 26th, 2004|
Up and running...
Well, it took a little longer than expected, since I got jacked by some Vahzilok, popped an awken, and got jacked immediately after that by the same baddies. That's never good for the ol' xp debt.
Anyway, Texas X-Rangers have been formed as of 11:30pm CDT last night. I'm also betting that we were probably one of the first few Super Groups created, since I was grinding spawns hardcore almost the entire time, instead of doing missions.
I've got some more screenshots, but I haven't converted them from .tga to .jpg yet, so it will be a while before I post them. Anyway, as it stands, we've only got myself and Mustang Sally (dogdoolb
's character) in the team.
If you're in the preorder Head Start Launch, come see Freez Nutz or Mustang Sally, and we'll get you in. Otherwise, look for us on Wednesday. This is on the Guardian server, too. It was up for the Head Start. I'm going to try to be level 14 (so I can have Flight) by the time the retail launch occurs, but I doubt I'll hit it.
Perez park is good for level 10's though, if you enter it through Galaxy City. The spawns there are green, and the groups they come in are huge. I basically would just hover, and use ice blast and ice bolt only, and it was like having an xp IV, and they semi-regularly drop Catch a Breath Inspirations, so my Stamina never got too far down.
Even though they're green, and worth less xp, the low stamina drain and zero downtime seems to be more efficient. If they could toss a few blues in there, I'd be happy. LOL
Also, I took the Leadership Pool power Assault, so nearby teammates grouped with me will do additional damage. I took that instead of Chilling Embrace, because the latter is such a Stamina hog. Also, I thought it only fitting to take powers from the Leadership pool. :)
See you guys in game!
|Saturday, April 24th, 2004|
They announced it!
They are working on City of Villians, the first expansion to CoH! They will be letting people see it at E3 but they didn't state when it would come out.
|Friday, April 23rd, 2004|
Rules Discussion - ROUGH DRAFT
Yes, unfortunately, we will have to have some ground rules for our Super Team. Actually, I'd like to think of them more as "loose guidelines". Also, these are open to debate, as this post is a rough draft, and I'm open to suggestion. With that...
1. To be allowed into the Texas X-Rangers (Yeah, Aaron, I'm pulling rank on this one. I like the X better. plus, it shortens the name a bit. LOL) one must be from Texas, IRL, or from Texas in their character Bio.
-I thought about this one for a while, and came to the conclusion that only allowing RL Texans into the group, while letting this community be open membership would be off-putting, exclusionary, and tend to give people the wrong impression of us. We may be 1337, but we are not elitist. :)
2. Characters in the Texas X-Rangers must be of Mutation origin. NO EXCEPTIONS. This team is a branch of Bail and Fugitive Enforcement from Texas, that recruits only Mutants. If I find a Science, Natural, Magic, etc. in the team, guess who's getting banned from the group? (hint: It ain't me)
3. A Texas X-Ranger will not refuse a call for help from another X-Ranger. Additionally, a Texas X-Ranger will not refuse a group invite from another X-Ranger. The exception to this rule is the level gap. If the gap is so big you have to sidekick to be with someone, then you can refuse.
-This may not be a popular rule, and I'll scrap it totally if this limits freedom too much for members. Sometimes solo'ing is more fun, and more economic for xp reasons, so I understand. I'm also not a big fan of compulsory crap like this, myself. I thought it might be interesting for RP purposes, but it holds little game value, other than that.
4. No swearing in Local or Broadcast chat. You can use language that would make a sailor blush in friends, group, /tells, or supergroup, but not where the general populace, at large, can see. Even with chat filters on, it presents the wrong image. We're supposed to be professionals (IC'ly, anyway).
5. If grouped with another Texas X-Ranger, ALL members in said group must enter supergroup mode. The colors, in and of themselves, are optional, but all members must display the Lone Star (it will be the same as in the Beta screenshot I posted). The Star will be white, with the black trim inside. Don't try to get creative with it. That's our badge, as well as Texan Pride.
6. Names. Well, I'm not a Name Nazi, by any stretch of the imagination. In fact, I left a PA in the early days of Galaxies, because of Name Nazi'ing (not my name, too. someone else's that wasn't even in the PA). That being said, I don't really have a restriction on letting people in with names that may sound "stupid" or whatever. Just, nothing offensive that you think has the possibility of getting nerfed. If people get ridiculed for a goofy name they chose, so be it. They made that choice, and have it coming. L337-M4N, Batman444, 3Spydor-Man3 = Yes. Hugh Jardon, The Jizzonator, Nigga-Man, Wife-Beater, The Amazing Retardo, etc. = NO!
In a Super Team, there are three ranks. The defaults are: Leader, Captain, and Member. The titles can change, at the Leader's discretion. Being that our background is a Law Enforcement agency, I was thinking of having it be either Field Marshall, Ranger, and Deputy, or Field Marshall, Lieutenant, Ranger (if the first sounded demeaning to new members).
Also, I've thought of having a rotating Leader dealie, but I'd like to hear others' thoughts on that, before trying to lay down a specific guideline on it. I don't mind being Leader forever, since I'm hardly a dictator, or anything.
Let's hear your opinions/crucifictions....